Adventures In Crochet (3)

Good Morning,
Here is this month's addition of Adventures In Crochet. If you miss last months then you can check that out here.

This month project was a blanket, now when I found this pattern online I only had one person on my brain.... yes my dog. I found a pattern online that showed you how to make a quick baby blanket by using two stiches: single crochet and chain stitch.

You can find the pattern here, when you read the pattern you will notice that you have three options. Those three options being preemie, newborn and toddler. Since my dog is not that big I decide to go with newborn ( which ended up being 30 by 34 inches long).

Now some of you are probably wondering why I chose to make such a simple blanket. Well in my mind I would rather do a whole bunch of simple projects and learn how to master the basics, then jump into one big complicated project and get all confused.

I recommend doing a small project like this because it really helped me learn how to have better tension and it taught me that it's very important to keep track of you stitches.




Well that was this month's project, since spring is in the air maybe some crochet flowers might start blooming next month.

Have a great weekend and Enjoy,

3 comments

  1. You did an awesome job crocheting the blanket for your little pup. I've tried crocheting and just learned why all my squares look like triangles...I guess I wasn't doing a double stitch at the ends?!

    I'm stopping by from the blog hop and happily following you. I'd love a follow back if you have the chance.

    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      Thanks for becoming a follower, and I will definitely follow you back!

      Have a great weekend,
      Katie

      Delete
  2. Aw your puppy is adorable! And the blanket looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)