Christmas Tree Dog Toy DIY

Hello Everyone,
Today I'm sharing with you my first diy of the holiday season.

One thing that I found, is that felt is a wonderful craft supple. Its especially wonderful when your making toys for your little four legged friends. Back during Easter I made Sparky this little felt bunny toy, well I found it the other day and got me thinking about making more handmade toys. So today I will be showing you how to make a felt Christmas tree dog toy (which any dog would love to get in their stocking)!

Lets Get Crafty!


Supplies
Green Felt
Christmas Tree Pattern
Pen
Stuffing
Needle
Embroidery Thread
Scissors (not pictured)

picture 1
picture 2

Step 1: Draw out a tree pattern onto a piece of paper and cut it out. Then take your tree pattern and trace around that onto your green felt (picture 1). Do this one more time and cut out both of your trees (picture 2).

picture 1
picture 2

Step 2: Now this step is optional, but before I sewed the two trees together I wanted to add some ''lights''. So I took some embroidery thread (in different colors) and sewed little triangles all over one of the trees. If you do this step, it should look something like picture 2.

picture 1
picture 2

Step 3: Now thread your needle and with green embroidery thread and do a quick whip stitch around your tree (picture 2). Make sure you leave a small opening so you can stuff your tree.

 Step 4: Stuff your tree and finish up the whip stitch.

Then Your Done!


I couldn't wait till Christmas to give Sparky his new toy, so I gave it to him early. He loved it!

xo Katie

p.s I know handmade items are not perfect. So anytime I make a toy for Sparky, I always make sure to watch him while he is playing. You can never be to careful with your four legged friends. 

No comments

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)