4 Ways To Share What You Make!


Post Update:  WhimseyBox is no longer in business and I have changed my views about there site. So I only recommend sharing your projects on Craftgawker, Cutout + Keep and Kollabora! 

Hello Everyone,
Recently I was thinking about how ''important'' it is to share your blog content through social media. It seems like now and days there is a site or service for every type of blog out there. For example, if your into fashion you can share your blog content on LookBook or if your into cooking you can share your recipes on Foodgawker.

But what about us crafters? Where can we share the awesome stuff that we make?

When I first started blogging, I had no clue how to answer that question. So over the past few years I have discover some awesome sites that are perfect for ''sharing what you make''. Now most of you will probably know about these sites but if your first time blogger this list might come in handy.

Find Me On Craftgawker
Craftgawker:  Is a ''curated photo gallery'' where you can discover tons of DIY projects (about page). I joined this site last year and because of that, I have discovered some amazing blogs. Its free to join but if you want a project to be on the site, you have to submit it. Once you submit your project, the site will either accept it or reject it. If the site rejects your project, its because of there photo guidelines. Now if you do get a rejection, its not the end of the world. All you have to do is fix the problem and resubmit.

Find Me On Cutout & Keep
Cutout & Keep: Is a site that I have been a part of since 2011! Its basically a super fun community where you can meet other crafters and (most importantly) share your tutorials for projects. Signing up is free and you don't have to go through a submission process like Craftgrawker. On the site you will find DIY projects, cooking recipes, art and beauty. They also have fun contests where you can win prizes!

Find Me On Kollabora
Kollabora: Is a site where crafters can come together and share what they make. You can post step by step projects, follow fellow crafters, ''heart'' projects (that you love) and even leave comments. I discovered this site last year and absolutely love it! Posting a project is super easy and again there is no submission process. Also if you love sewing and making clothes, you can find a ton of great projects and blogs through this site.

If you want to learn more about the site, you can read another post that I wrote (which is all about Kollabora) here.

Find Me On WhimseyBox

WhimseyBox: Is a site, that I had been watching from a far for at least a year now. A few months ago I was given the opportunity to be apart of the WhimseyBox Influencer and ended up becoming a member of there site.

Now for those of you who may not know, WhimseyBox is a craft subscription site where you can order a project, make it at home, then share what you made on there site with other fellow crafters. Besides the craft subscription boxes they also have a great spot on there website, where you can upload projects that you made (with your own supplies). There you can find tons of projects from home decor, fashion, pottery, food and even apothecary projects. Signing up is free and posting your project is really easy.

So, those are the four site that I use to share what I make! Each one has a unique approach when sharing its content and each offers a great chance for others to discover your awesome project/blog. Just remember its important to find what works best for you and your blog. If your not a fan of a certain site, don't use it! The way you share your blog content is just as unique as the project your trying to share. Everybody's blog is different, so find what works for you!

What do you think? Do you guys like the above sites or is there another site that you love even more? Leave your comments below!

xo Katie

*All opinions are my own and this is not a sponsor post from any of the sites I talked about above.*

2 comments

  1. Such a great post, Katie!

    I've never used Whimseybox (I've stalked their site too though) or Kollabora, but I have used Cut Out & Keep and CraftGawker.
    For the most part I tweet/facebook my posts and I always pin them. Pinterest is my biggest traffic source. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm also a big Pinterest person when it comes to sharing my diys. Also Whimseybox and Kollabora are both awesome sites that I think you would like (especially Whimseybox). You should definitely check them out!

      Delete

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)