Chain Canvas DIY


Hello Everyone,
Recently I was going through my jewelry stash and found a bunch of small pieces of chain. Now, these pieces of chain can't really be used for jewelry anymore but I didn't want to throw them out. So I decided to use them and my new canvases in a fun little project. 

Today I'll be showing you how to make an awesome piece of artwork that includes all those little bits of leftover chain. 

Lets Get Crafty!


Supplies
Canvas
Chain
Paint
Paintbrush
E6000 Glue
Toothpicks 

Step 1: Paint your canvas. For this project, I like the look of thick brush-strokes with layers of different colors. But you could really paint canvas anyway you wanted.  Once your happy with your painting, set it aside to dry.


Step 2: Arrange your chain the way you like it. Then with a toothpick and some E6000, glue your pieces of chain down. 

Once the glue is dry, then your done!






What do you think? Do you like the idea of combining a painting with leftover pieces of chain? Leave your comments below!

 xo Katie

2 comments

  1. Katie - Did you cover some of the chains with glued fabric? I was hoping you did as I like that look!
    Please share how you did it or where did you find such interesting chain?
    blukazam@yahoo.com

    Thanks - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary!
      I did not cover the chain with fabric. I actually bought the colorful chain that way from Hobby Lobby. Below is a link to a similar chain from Hobby Lobby:

      http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/16-white-medium-printed-chain-necklace-576702/

      Also if you google printed chain or printed chain necklace, then some other types of chain should pop up.

      Hope that answers your question. If you have anymore just e-mail me or leave a comment!

      Thanks For Stopping By!

      Delete

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)