Sock Monkey Banner DIY


Hello Everyone,
Long time no see! 

As you all know, I took a break from blogging and the blogging world to focuses on more personal matters and just to get away. It was a very nice break and I'm happy to say that I will be blogging more frequently now. Currently, I'm still in school and won't get out till the second week of December. So from now until then, I'm going to blog when I can. Meaning, that some weeks you might see three post and another week just one post. Will see how well I can do ;) Also I wanted to thank you all, for you kinds words that you left for me on different blog posts and on facebook. They really meant a lot to me. 

I thought for my first post back, that it would be fun to share with you this banner DIY. This banner DIY was super easy to make because most of the work was already done for you, due to this banner kit. The banner kit was something that I found at Meijers for pretty cheap. In this kit you get five wooden shapes with pre-drilled holes and a piece of long brown string. The kit also comes in different patterns, like a circle and triangle. 

What I really liked about the kit was that everything was already done for you and the only thing you had to do was decorate. So in this project I got out some old scrapbooking paper to create a really simple banner. 


Supplies
Scrapbooking Paper
Wooden Banner Kit (here is a similar kit)
Mod Podge
Tacky Glue
Buttons
Paintbrush
Hole Punch (not pictured)


Step 1: Trace around your wooden banner cut outs onto your scrapbooking paper. Then cut your tracings out and glue them (using your Mod Podge and paintbrush) to your wooden cut outs. 



Step 2: Once your cut outs are dry, flip one over so you can see the holes. Then with your hole punch, punch out the two holes. Continue this method on the rest of your cut outs. 


Step 3: To add a bit of dimension, I glued on some real buttons (which match the button pattern on the scrapbooking paper) to my cut out. This step is completely optional but does add a nice little touch to your banner. If your thinking about using this step, then just look at your scrapbooking paper to see what 3D elements you could add. For example, you may be able to add rhinestones or glitter. 


Step 5: When your happy with the look of each of your cut outs, then your ready to connect them together. In the kit, you find a long piece of brown string. Feed this string in and out of each of the holes until all your cut outs are on the string.

Once your done, then your read to hang up your new banner!



By using this banner kit, you could create so many different looks for a bunch of occasions. Personally, I used the sock monkey scrapbooking paper because I collect sock monkey and thought the ''vintage'' looking paper went well with the brown string. However, this type of banner (using the sock monkey paper) would also look cute in a nursery. 

You could also use this kit and (coordinating) scrapbooking paper to create decorations for Christmas, weddings, baby showers or parties. 

So what do you think? Do you like this sock monkey banner? 

xo Katie

No comments

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)