Beaded Tassel Bag DIY


Hello Everyone,
Lately, I've been on a DIY bag kick. Monday I shared with you this bag and today I'm sharing with you an easy way to up-cycle an old bag you may have lying around. I got the inspiration for this project from a small pouch I saw at Target. This particular pouch was colorful, had hot pink tassels and some yellow beaded work. Now even though those colors looked very awesome together, I'm more of a pastel girl. So in this project I change the color scheme and created a row of ombre tassels. All in all, I think the bag turn out pretty cute! 


Supplies
Small Bag
Fabric Paint
Paintbrush
3 Colors of Embroidery Thread
E6000
Small Piece Of Cardboard (for making your tassels)
Thread (not pictured)
Scissors (not pictured)
Seed Beads (not pictured)


Step 1: Paint your bag with your fabric paint, then set it aside to dry.


Step 2: While your bag is drying, begin making your tassels. I ended up making 9 to line the top of my bag but you could make has many as you want. You can also check out this post where I explain how to make tassels in detail.


Step 3: Using your E6000, glue your tassels to your bag.


Step 4: Now when your tassels are dry, you can begin adding your beads. First string several seed beads onto your tread (you will want a string of beads long enough to go around the front of your bag). Then feed your string of beads through each of your tassels. While your beads are still on the thread, glue them down onto your bag. Finally, tie off both ends of your thread and cut off the excess.



One great thing about this project is that you can change the colors, size of the beads and the length of the tassels to fit your style. The possibilities of decorating your bag are pretty endless!

What do you thing? Do you like this beaded tassel bag?

xo Katie

No comments

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)