Art Resin Review


Hello Everyone, 
Recently I was contacted by the folks at Art Resin to see if I wanted to review one of their products. Since I usually try to fake the resin look in most of my projects, I thought it would fun to actually try out the real thing. 

So today I'm going to be sharing with you my thoughts on Art Resin and give you sneak peek of a DIY (which uses the resin) that will be published tomorrow on the blog!


The resin (like I mentioned previously) that I'll be talking about today is from a company called Art Resin. Art Resin is a company that makes and sells high-gloss epoxy resin kits and epoxy resin accessories. The company itself was founded by Dave and Rebecca who are both photographic-artists. They originally started the company because they were tried of using resin products which had toxic fumes and discolored there artwork. 

After encountering this problem, they decided to find a better solution for using resin in their own projects. So after many years of researching and testing different resin formulas, they finally created Art Resin!

Source
Source
Now if you're not familiar with resin, it's basically a thick glossy topcoat which can be applied to photos, jewelry and other types of projects. What makes Art Resin different from other resin products is that it's much safer to use and is ''[...] formulated to keep artwork beautiful (as the artist intended), over time'' (Source). This is because Art Resin is the only product out of the market that includes both UV and HALS stabilization.

These stabilizations help to keep the artist's artwork from yellowing over time and help to provide a truly strong and protected topcoat which won't deteriorate the artist's artwork over time.  



Before trying out Art Resin, I had always stayed away from resins (in general) because of my allergies. For example, I'm someone who can't vacuum without sneezing a million times. So the thought of using a resin product where you had to go outside and wear a protected mask (due to the fumes), was just a no for me. That is why you actually see me using Mod Podge and Dimensional Magic in most of my craft projects.

The main reason why I wanted to test out Art Resin was because the product supposedly produce no VOCs (volatile organic compounds) or fumes. Along those same lines, the product was also non-flammable and classified as a non-hazardous material. So in my mind, the product sounded like a much safer option than other resins I had seen.



As you can tell by the above photos, I decided to use Art Resin in a plastic mold to make a turtle. Before pouring the resin into the mold, I added sprinkles. This was because I wanted to incorporate something within the resin so I wouldn't have to paint my turtle later.

The whole process of mixing the resin and pouring it into the mold was super easy. When mixing the resin I decided to try two different methods involving my sprinkles. The first method (which is row 1) I mixed the sprinkles into the resin, then poured it into the mold. The second method (which is row 2) I added the sprinkles into the mold, then poured the resin on top. Between the two methods I definitely like the second method the best and decided to use that particular turtle mold in my project.

Besides the process being super easy, there was also no flumes! I was able to use the resin inside my house (in a well ventilated area of course) without getting a headache or aggravating my allergies. Also when using the resin, only a few air bubbles popped up and I was able to pop them with a pin.

In terms of the resin drying, my turtle dried completely after 24 hours, which was the expected drying time on the package. The only problem I had was popping the resin out of the plastic mold. This could have been due to a number of reasons but personally if I were to make this project again, I would use a silicone mold instead of a plastic one.


So in a nutshell, Art Resin was all the things that they claimed to be! It was easy to use, had no flumes and created (in my case) a really clear figurine. Also during the whole process of coming up with a project and figuring out how to use the resin, the Art Resin's website was a big help. This is because on their site you can read through a list of questions and answers about their product or watch YouTube videos instead. Either way, they have answers to a bunch of questions about their products and about resin in general.

If you're looking to try resin for the first time and want a safer option, then I would definitely check out Art Resin! You can learn more about Art Resin and there products by checking out there official website here.

Also make sure that you stop by tomorrow to see the full DIY tutorial on how you can make your own Resin Sprinkle Box!

xo Katie

*All opinions are my own and this is a sponsor post from Art Resin.* 

No comments

I love comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. :)